There are two types of sugar: the one that can be found in the fruits and the refined sugar which can be found in the candy. The natural sugar found in the fruits is not harmful for the skin, nor for the health. When we say that the sugar is bad for both, the organism and the skin, we think of the refined sugar.
- The sugar causes acne. According to some studies, the sugar causes acne. The persons suffering from acne and the ones who have a greater acne problem than the others who don't have a lot of acne or not at all, confessed that they have consumed more sugar than the others, this means bigger sugar quantity than the recommended dose.
- The sugar increases the sebum's quantity. When we eat sugar, in the body occurs a process where some hormones are elevated. Among those hormones, is also the hormone which controls the sebum's quantity.
The sugar is very quickly transferred by the blood, so the skin produces more sebum than it needs. The result is a glowing skin and a skin with acne.
- The sugar promotes the skin aging. The sugar can destroy the collagen and the skin's elasticity. Unfortunately, the skin produces wrinkles because of the enzymes which are produced when we eat sugar.
- The sugar destroys the skin. Not only that the sugar causes acne, increases the sebum production and promotes the skin aging by destroying its elasticity, but it also destroys the reserves of antioxidants in the skin, so the barrier which protects the skin from the UV rays is down. This means that the sugar destroys the skin completely.
- The sugar is the cause for the cellulite. The sugar is also responsible for the cellulite and for the bigger amount of fat in the skin. When we eat sugar, the body produces fat, so we lose some muscles weight. The pancreas produces insulin, which is the reason for an apparition of cellulite.
The sugar must be avoided, not only in order to have a healthy skin, but to also protect the organism of many diseases.