After oxygen and water, magnesium is the most important element needed by our bodies. It is more important than calcium, potassium or sodium. Many people suffer from magnesium deficiency without even realizing. This mineral is great for many health conditions such as: muscle soreness, headaches and migraines, blood sugar, hypertension, depression and anxiety etc. Additionally, magnesium is a versatile tool of health providing benefits that show up in the skin.
One of the easiest ways to increase the levels of magnesium is through the skin in a form of magnesium oil. But, it’s very important to know that magnesium oil is not actually an ‘oil’ but, a mixture of magnesium chloride and water.
There are many different brands on the market that have this mixture as a beauty product, but why not try the easiest and cheapest way of getting this oil. Here it is the simple recipe of homemade magnesium oil.
- 1/2 cup magnesium chloride flakes
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- a glass bowl or glass measuring cup
- a glass spray bottle
- Boil the distilled water.
- Place the magnesium chloride flakes in the glass and the pour the boiling water over it.
- Stir well until completely dissolved. Let cool completely and store in the spray bottle.
So, now let’s find out the benefits of magnesium oil on the skin.
- Magnesium oil can open the clogged pores and remove the dead skin.
- Magnesium oil fights against acne, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Magnesium oil prevents sun spots and discolorations.
How to use and precautions.
Some may feel tingling sensation but, there are general areas that are less sensitive to the magnesium oil such as thighs, hips and belly. Shins and forearms also work well. Avoid the creases of the elbows, behind the knees, creases of the bottom, and the neck. These areas are usually more sensitive.