We are all familiar with the fact that skin problems like breakouts, pimples, dark spots, and dark circles can be big problem and tough “task” to solve.
The basic rules to keep these problems away are: regular skin care, healthy diet, regular workout and a good sleep. But, despite all of that, sometimes we must “intervene” with some extra solutions.
There is an excellent beauty ingredient that is whole natural and effective. It is usually available as a brown-beige powder which is derived from the fragrant wood of the Genus Santalum tree. Sandalwood powder is excellent for treating various skin problems. It has a wide range of medicinal properties and therefore, it is often used as a home remedy for many skin conditions, like for example:
- Sandalwood can remove sun tan. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to soothe a sun burn and has a cooling effect, reducing the redness.
- It protects the skin from breakouts, allergies and abrasions and its antiseptic properties prevent the developing of pimples and acne.
- Sandalwood also tightens pores.
Here are 5 exceptional sandalwood face packs for heathy glowing skin:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood essential oil with turmeric or camphor. Apply and leave overnight to get rid of acne, scars and blackheads.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sandalwood powder, 1 teaspoon coconut oil and lime juice. Apply and leave for half an hour. Rinse with worm water and pat dry.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cucumber juice, 1 tablespoon of curd, 1 teaspoon of honey, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder. Apply and leave for about 10-15 minutes. This will help remove sun tan and dark spots.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and coconut oil and massage it and leave it on overnight.
- Mix sandalwood powder with few drops of rose water. Apply and leave for an hour. Rinse with cold water and pat dry.