Your skin is very important part of your body so, it is necessary to have healthy skin habits and protect this vital organ for the sake of the healthy and nourished skin. It’s never too late to start taking care of your skin and it doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming.
Here are few skin protection tips you can incorporate into your routine without any effort.
- Limit Sun Exposure - UV rays cause many types of skin damage such as: skin cancer, wrinkles, freckles, age spots, skin discolorations, etc. Using skin care products that offer UV protection is crucial for keeping the skin looking fresh and youthful.
- Stay Hydrated - Drink enough water and fluids is important for your general health. Start the day with a cup of green tea for hydration, caffeine, and antioxidants.
- Use Gentle Skin Care Products - Wash your face with warm water and a mild cleanser and gently massage your face with your fingers, using a circular motion. Then rinse thoroughly. Path dry, then apply moisturizer.
- Keep your skin moisturized - Skin that is properly moisturized is less likely to become chapped, scaly, or flaky. Use the right moisturizing cream or lotion for your skin type. Moisturizers with hyaluronic acid, ceramides, or coconut oil can retain the moisture in the skin. Limit the exposure to water, because it actually dries out the skin.
- Invest in a humidifier - If your skin tends to be dry, using a humidifier can help keep the air hydrated, which can prevent the air from removing moisture from the skin.
- Take Health Precautions - Don't share any personal items, such as lip balms or skin care products with others. Avoid touching your face with your fingers and avoid facial contact with objects such as telephone receivers. Don’t pick at cysts or splinters.