Honey-the most powerful ingredient for the skin
Honey-the most powerful ingredient for the skin

beautiful, Beauty, essentials, facecare, honey, natural, skincare, woman -

Honey-the most powerful ingredient for the skin

Not only it is healthy, sweet and tasty, this natural ingredient is fabulously versatile and friendly for the skin too. There is no one in this world who doesn’t like honey.

Discovered 8,000 years ago, honey was extensively used in Ancient Egypt and Greece. Legend says that it was Cleopatra’s hidden weapon for beauty and now science has proved it. It is also used in Ayurveda and the traditional Chinese medicine.

From boosting our immune system to regulation of blood cholesterol and sugar levels, the healthy benefits of honey for our overall health are countless. But, these properties are good for the skin too. Honey contains 80% of sugar and the rest 20% are nutrients like iron, calcium, magnesium, Vitamins B, C and phosphorus. That’s why this magical potion does wonders on our skin.

First of all, honey can cure eczema and other forms of dermatitis. It easily treats damaged skin and regenerates new cells. It is no wonder that it is the number one ingredient in many creams and ointments for the cure of these conditions.

Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, honey works extremely well on oily skin. It absorbs the excess oil from the skin and reduces the chances of breakouts and infections. It cleanses the skin and helps in the treatment of wrinkles. Its antioxidant properties help delay skin aging.


Use it as a skin conditioner too. Just mix one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of olive oil and half teaspoon of lemon juice. Rub this mixture on every part on your body and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water and get a silky, smooth and glowing skin.

So, what are you waiting for? Use the benefits that this natural product offers you and have a beautiful skin like never before.