We all know how important it is to keep the skin clean and how much that affects the skins health and appearance. But, it is also very important to choose the right cleansing product for our face. Natural remedies are always a better alternative for our skin. Raw honey or unpasteurized honey is one of the healthiest alternatives for facial cleaning these days. It can gently remove dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural oils. Otherwise, foaming cleansers and soaps frequently strip the skin of these protective oils and cause the skin to overproduce oil. Unlike them, raw honey does not strip the skin of its protective sebum, which can cause irritation and dryness. Additionally, foaming cleansers and soaps contain many chemicals that can disbalance the skins naturally acidic ph.
Here are a few other beauty properties and benefits of the use of raw honey:
- Raw honey contains natural antibacterial and probiotic properties that can effectively reduce breakouts and prevent new acne.
- Raw honey also contains natural enzymes which may refine the skins texture.
- Raw honey is very gentle and nurturing to the skin, and it is perfect for all skin types including very sensitive skin with skin conditions such as rosacea and eczema.
- Raw honey can balance the oily skin and at the same time can keep the moisture to the dry skin.
- Raw honey works excellently on acne-prone skin, because of its higher levels of antibacterial and healing properties.
How to clean the skin with honey:
- Use honey cleansing method in the morning.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of the raw honey with a few drops of water to make a spreadable consistency. Put it on the face with gentle massage.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Its best if you leave a thin layer of honey on the face for about 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Finish with a homemade toner for best results.