There are many studies that have proven the nutritional values of cranberries that are beneficial for our health. They are rich source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and nutrients which are crucial for our health. But, that’s not all! Lately it has been shown that cranberries are beneficial for our skin and overall beauty too. So, our beauty team from Crystal Secret was interested and learned how to embellish the texture of the skin with the help of the cranberries.
Here are some amazing beauty benefits of the use cranberries:
- Cranberries for treating acne and blemishes - cranberries have a bunch of anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties that can be used for treating acne and blemishes. In addition, this delicious and healthy fruit has a rich amount of vitamin C, which can be helpful for healing scars and skin marks.
- Cranberries for unclogging the pores - cranberries are loaded with natural acids that can clean the skin pores and prevent further clogging and also can decrease the risk of further appearance of acne and pimples on the oily and problematic skin.
- Cranberries for hyper-pigmentation of the skin - cranberries are full of antioxidants and astringent properties, that can help remove the pigmentation of the skin.
- Cranberries for glowing skin – cranberries are rich in antioxidants that can give glowing, soft and supple skin. Their antioxidants can fight free radicals and repair the dull, dry and saggy skin.
- Cranberries for firm skin - cranberries are rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C which is known to be of a big help when it comes to boosting the collagen production and the elasticity of the skin. Collagen production helps to carry the oxygen and other important nutrients to the skin that can make the skin soft, glowing and firm.
At the end, here's a recipe of cranberries face mask for all skin types:
- Mix cranberry juice with orange juice, yogurt or gram flour and apply on face with а gentle massage. Wash it with cold water. Follow this routine regularly for maintaining healthy skin.