The prom night is nearby. And after buying your dress and shoes and getting your hair done, getting your makeup is the next on the list. So, why not try to do your makeup on your own? The greatest benefit of getting your make up by yourself is that you’ll be able to experiment with different products and colors and practice before the big night.
Don’t worry, we’ve prepared 9 Tips to help you doing your makeup just like a pro:
- No. 1: If you want your makeup to look flawless all night you’ll need a mattifying primer which will keep oil away. But, if your skin is very dry you can skip it.
- No. 2: Make sure to match your foundation to your skin tone. You can always test the foundation before buying to make sure if it works for you.
- No. 3: Contour and highlight. But, remember real makeup artists don’t contour like they’re putting on wall paint. Contouring should sculpt the face, and when done correctly, it will look beautiful in pictures.
- No. 4: It’s okay to go a bit heavier with your blush. But don’t go too crazy, you don’t want to look like a clown.
- No. 5: Your eyebrows frame your face, that’s why making them polished and defined is crucial. Use a brow powder and fill in any sparse areas.
- No. 6: Always play safe and stick to the same undertones of your dress when choosing the color palette of your makeup.
- No. 7: False lashes can really give your eyes that extra edge, but you can also give your eyes definition with multiple layers of mascara.
- No. 8: There are no rules as to what lip color you should wear, what is important it’s the lining and filling in your lips with a lip pencil.
- No. 9: The last, but not least, a few drops of a make-up fix spray and your makeup will be locked into place for whole night.