A big number of people in the world suffer from sensitive skin, while having no idea of what it is. Sensitive skin means extremely dry skin, which is prone to the reactions such as skin erosion, skin bumps, skin flushing, skin blushing, etc. In addition, allergies, skin disorders such like rosacea, eczema also can cause sensitive skin. This means that suffering from any of these conditions on a regular basis, can be qualified as having sensitive skin. Though each of these have different symptoms, they all have one thing in common—inflammation.
Whether born with sensitive skin, or because of the aging and different life circumstances, some people experience a change in the skin texture and become a sensitive skin sufferers.
But, there are some basic rules of what to Avoid and what to Ad to repair this skin condition.
Ingredients to Avoid
- Alcohol - too drying for sensitive skin types and can lead to irritation.
- Fragrances - fragrances in lotions and creams can react with the skin, causing inflammation and weakening the inner layers of skin.
- Retinol - is an anti-aging ingredient and it is too harsh for sensitive skin.
- Hot water - It strips the skin of its natural oils while promoting dryness.
- Soap – dries the skin.
Ingredients to Ad
- Green tea - full of antioxidants, this drink can get rid of the toxins and protect and soothe the skin perfectly.
- Chamomile - its anti-inflammatory properties and comforting scent are wonderful for sensitive skin.
- Calendula - offers a unique blend of antioxidants that are ideal to protect and calm irritated or inflamed skin.
- Aloe Vera - its nourishing, soothing and hydrating qualities are suitable for the most sensitive skin types.
- Rose Water - balances the pH level in the skin and manages dryness or oiliness on the skin significantly.
- Honey – is excellent natural moisturizer for skin and it does not make the skin irritated.